Today’s farmshare includes:
- zucchini (slice & add to steamed or sauteed vegetables--or see below)
- mixed lettuce
- scarlet nantes carrot
- early wonder beet
- lacinato kale
Here's a recipe to try:
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp olives, pitted & chopped
- 3 Tbsp slivered almonds (optional)
- 2 Tbsp onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp basil, finely chopped
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out and reserve pulp, being careful not to make a hole in the bottom of the squash. Set aside.
Chop the pulp and mix with the cheese, olives, almonds, onion, basil, salt and pepper. Divide the mixture among the squash halves, and drizzle with the olive oil. Place on a tray, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
We’d love to hear how it comes out!